Assembler 2 Wanted at Teledyne
Position Summary and Responsibilities Summary: This position will perform soldering and manual assembly operations in the manufacturing area.
Key Functions of Job:
• Prepares product by reviewing assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists
• Uses heated solder to apply small electronic parts onto larger assemblies
• Uses microscopes in the construction and inspection of products
• Uses hand tools such as pliers, cutters, tweezers, and torques during assembly
• Follows IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001 standards
Qualifications Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Solders or assembles boards as per instruction
• Must be able to work under a microscope for long periods of time
• Must be able to sit or stand for 8 hours at a time
• Must be able to pass certification training for J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610
• Must have basic to intermediate computer skills; must be able to log in and out as well as move product within the facility
• Must be able to pass an acceptable vision test
• Must be able to lift up to # of lbs. • Must be able to work overtime as needed
• Keeps work station neat and orderly Education & Qualifications:
• Will need to attend and pass certification training for J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Must be able to read and interpret work instructions. • 1-2 years of related experience preferred.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
Certificates, Licenses, & Registrations: Must be able to obtain a security clearance if necessary Citizenship Requirements Due to classified work at the facility and related access restrictions, successful applicants must maintain U.S. Citizenship to allow the person to hold a U.S. Government security clearance.
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
If interested, please submit your resume to the following link: www.teledyne-careers.com