Operator, Prod Equipment 1 Wanted at Teledyne
Teledyne Advanced Electronic Solutions provides innovative technologies and successful program solutions to the aerospace, defense, space and high-tech industries. With an established pedigree of over 50 years, we leverage our experience and broad spectrum of capabilities to provide our customers with a new level of full-service design, manufacturing and test solutions. Our world class manufacturing facilities, along with experienced team of technical experts will assure your program will be successfully finished on time and on budget. From circuit card assemblies to complex microelectronics, to box level assemblies, we are uniquely positioned to build the most complex and challenging manufacturing needs.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Perform operation on assigned machines used in the production of the company’s product. Work under the technical leadership of a Lead or other more skilled employee. Receive periodic checks of work in process and complete inspection of final work for compliance with job standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Work from detailed and complete process sheets or written/verbal instruction from supervisor to perform production tasks.
• May perform simple or routine setups, but complex setups, fixtures and tooling are performed by others.
• Operate computer console.
• Use simple measurement instruments to check work.
• To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Oral/Written Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well
to questions; Records data; Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read
and interpret written information.
• Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive
team spirit; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
• Ethics – Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically.
• Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Supports
organization’s goals and values.
• Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
• Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Accepts
responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to
improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely
manner; Strives to increase productivity.
• Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures including
using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required and wearing
company issued badge when on company property; Reports potentially
unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and material properly.
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment.
• Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
• Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
• Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma, general education degree
(GED) or equivalent knowledge gained through formal education including
vocational training. Typically requires a minimum of 0 - 2 years of experience.
Ability to use mathematics, drawings and measuring tools.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write
routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with other
employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to
interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
knowledge of MS Outlook; MS Excel and MS Word software.
Other Essential Duties
Follows all import/export requirements, consulting with facility import/export
personnel as required.
Other Skills and Abilities
Basic Knowledge of ISO and/or AS9100
Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/6 Sigma/Kaizen
Knowledge of specific software (design, analysis, ERP…)
Active Government Security Clearance
US Citizenship with ability to attain/maintain government security clearance.
If interested, please submit your resume to the following link: