MFG Process Engineer Wanted at Teledyne
Teledyne Advanced Electronic Solutions provides innovative technologies and successful program solutions to the aerospace, defense, space and high-tech industries. With an established pedigree of over 50 years, we leverage our experience and broad spectrum of capabilities to provide our customers with a new level of full-service design, manufacturing and test solutions. Our world class manufacturing facilities, along with our experienced team of technical experts will assure your program will be successfully finished on time and on budget. From circuit card assemblies to complex microelectronics, to box level assemblies, we are uniquely positioned to build the most complex and challenging manufacturing needs.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Position develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
▪ Be a Subject matter expert in SMT manufacturing processes.
▪ CAD / CAM Programming: Develop Centroid Data, marry the BOM to X,Y data, define packages, research definition of components, updates SMT Placement Equipment.
▪ Detailed understanding of stencil design – Leaded processes, Intrusive Paste, Glue process. Owns selecting the vendor and the ordering process for all stencils.
▪ Detailed understanding of tooling required for SMT - SMT Pallets and fixturing. Owns ordering, documenting requirement, and deploying all SMT tooling.
▪ Complete understanding of the reflow process.
▪ Understand impact process changes to downstream processes.
▪ Responsible for the development and optimization of manufacturing processes.
▪ Drives improvement in process equipment capability.
▪ Works closely with manufacturing engineers on specific process development.
▪ Supports SMT production and provides technical knowledge for the successful completion of products in compliance with Engineering drawings and quality standards.
▪ Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency for the SMT lines.
▪ Recommends and implements SMT process improvements that will enhance manufacturing, quality and reduce cost of parts and assemblies.
▪ Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
▪ Specify and/or design tooling fixtures, special machinery, and equipment to facilitate the manufacture of parts and assemblies on the SMT line.
▪ Perform failure analysis to determine root cause and apply appropriate problem-solving methods on the SMT line.
▪ Daily availability to include evenings and weekends when necessary to reach goals and deadlines.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Project Management - Communicates changes and progress.
• Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities.
• Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments.
• Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively.
• Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
• Judgment - Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
• Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
• Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures including using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required and wearing company issued badge when on company property; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and material properly.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in a related field and 6-10 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of solid geometry and trigonometry.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Outlook; MS Excel and MS Word software.
Other Essential Duties: Follows all import/export requirements, consulting with facility import/export personnel as required.
Other Skills and Abilities
• Basic Knowledge of ISO and/or AS9100
• Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/6 Sigma/Kaizen
• Knowledge of specific software (design, analysis, ERP…)
If interested, please submit your resume to the following link: