• Job ID:** 8213
• Functional Area:** MANUFACTURING
• Position Type:** Full-Time Regular
• Relocation Provided:** No
• Shift:** 12 Hour Night
• Location:** LEWISBURG, TN
• Education Required:** Certification
• Experience Required:** 3 - 5 Years
• Hours of Work:** 7:30 pm - 7:30 am
Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville,
Indiana, is committed to its mission of 'Always Advancing to Protect What's
Important.' With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2018 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290
manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
The general scope of this position is to support the maintenance team in the repair/maintenance of company equipment and increase production efficiency. Production team members are the backbone of our company's success, and maintenance is the customer service group that supports the production team.
Well maintained equipment that runs without flaw has no boundaries or limits...only opportunities.
• Ability to assist in breakdowns and repairs including pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical applications as needed.
• Capable of working on more advanced technical applications
• Capable of installing equipment and any utilities needed for equipment, including conduit bending and wire pulling.
• Must be driven and show initiative to start tasks without being told.
• Multi-Craft technician with the objective of continuous improvement in areas including safety, quality, and production.
• Industrial Maintenance Certificate or Technical School degree
• Minimum 5 years proven job experience
• Knowledge & Understanding of Lock Out/Tag Out procedures.
• Proficient in computer knowledge such as Microsoft Word and
• Must possess a strong knowledge of electricity and electrical troubleshooting to include single and three phase applications.
• Knowledge of OSHA standards and NEC guidelines in compliance with NFPA 70.
• Ability to read and troubleshoot using electrical and mechanical schematics.
• Working knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC programming protocols to include software for Control Logix 5000, SLC 500, and PLC 5
• Working knowledge of drive systems and drive system software.
• Knowledge of AC and DC motor systems including VFD control and troubleshooting.
• Above average knowledge of mechanical systems including gearbox maintenance, vibration analysis, thermal imaging, and motor/gearbox/pulley alignment standards.
• Knowledge of all utility systems including chilled water, compressed air, nitrogen generation, and electrical supply switchgears.
These duties are performed in an area where it can be cold in the winter and hot in the summer.
The noise level is high.
Work is performed around machinery that can be up to 550 degree Fahrenheit.
Working conditions are sometimes smoky and dirty due to work around extrusion dies and extrusion equipment. Must use extreme caution and follow proper procedures when working in or near electrical cabinets.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification.
They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class