Management of assigned customer accounts to ensure customer satisfaction in the area of product, price, quality, service and technology. Under moderate supervision and instruction, handles as a liaison a variety of customer service, accounting, and engineering issues. Negotiates with direct contacts both internally and externally with moderate direction. Has no authority or responsibility for the supervision of others. This position will provide leadership and mentoring to less experienced staff.
- Ensure all engineering changes made to products are correctly priced and submitted to the customer on a timely basis by utilizing the internal systems and procedures in place for communicating changes – Project Information Requests (PIRs). Summary review with Sales Manager or Director is necessary for all pricing establishment / revisions for customer submission.
- Meet with customer on a regular basis to review pricing and design changes submitted to ensure customer confirmation/approval of pricing.
- Manage other areas of the account such as payments or follow-up on past due receivables. Negotiate with the customer as needed to resolve any open financial issues (could be freight, packaging, returned shipments for non-conforming goods). This negotiation should be subject to moderate input from the responsible Sales Manager or Director.
- Respond to internal information requests related to account such as forecasts of customer demand for products and provide updates to forecast as needed. Provide financial status of accounts, pricing, tooling, etc. to upper management. Maintain customer contact lists and foster key customer contact relationships. Communicate customer engineering and purchasing policies to company with regard to account responsibility.
- Expansion business opportunities – Pursue new business opportunities as identified in the approved global business bid list. In case of new opportunities, a SBR should be created and presented to the appropriate Sales Manager or Director for consideration of pursuit. Give customer presentations for new and existing projects/products, tech. reviews, respond to requests for quotations.
- Communicates frequently with engineering, sales, cost estimators, customers, and managers to ensure current status relative to pricing, design, program issues, part issues, contract terms and conditions, and all other customer issues.
- Provide appropriate customer information to support the annual and mid term sales planning process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above typical duties are characteristic of this job and demonstrate a level of difficulty and are not intended to list or limit the duties that may be required or assigned to an employee in this classification.
Work performed in a general office environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The incumbent must:
- Have High School Diploma or GED.
- Have Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline and a minimum of 4 years of experience in related field
- Have Master’s Degree and generally 3 years of experience in related field.
- Certification may be required in some areas.
- Have very strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Have strong administrative, organizational skills, and the ability to coordinate multiple projects and programs.
- Be able to pass all background checks and pre-employment tests, including any required drug test.
- Be able to maintain the confidentiality of any information s/he encounters.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Intermediate to advanced experience (beyond basic data entry) working with computer applications such as Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, PowerPoint, and other presentation applications and/or software.