JOB TITLE: Logistics Co-Op
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Supervisor/Manager
The Warehouse Co-Op position is responsible for working in conjunction with the internal / external teams in order to ensure accurate and timely processing of misc functions.
A learning experience for a student looking to get his/her feet wet in Supply Chain Management! The selected co-op will help with various projects Supply Chain Management Logistics team is responsible for including:
•Projects to analyze current processes for cost saving and process improvement
•Adoption of new processes and systems and post adoption troubleshooting and validation
•Logistics and routing data entry and analysis
•Work with cross-functional team for shipment management and material flow
•The candidate needs to be self-motivated, a team-player, flexible, multi-taskers and have excellent customer service skills. The selected co-op must also be proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
The above typical duties are characteristic of this job and demonstrate a level of difficulty and are not intended to list or limit the duties that may be required or assigned to an employee in this classification
This work is performed in a general office or warehouse environment. This position will interface with all functional areas throughout Global operations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The incumbent must:
- Meet all requirements for Co-Op eligibility.
- Ability to prioritize and resolve issues quickly – Multi Tasking is Essential
- Goal-oriented that mirrors company’s progression/succession planning
- Excellent interpersonal communication
- Excellent Organization and Analytical Skills
- Ability to be an Effective Team Member and Display Initiative
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Eye for Detail, Accuracy is Imperative
- Ability to negotiate and defuse conflict.
- Must pass all background checks and pre-employment tests, including any required drug test.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality of any information s/he encounters.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Be able to work 24+ hours per week
- Be a Sophomore, Junior, Senior, in status at a 4-year University or Graduate Academic Status
- Have a relevant major in Business, Supply Chain Management, or another related field
- Have a cumulative GPA of a 3.0 or higher
- Work 30+ hours to qualify for great Medical/Dental Benefits
- Location: Lewisburg/Shelbyville Warehouse
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Experience working with ERP systems and Microsoft Office.