The Human Resource Manager is responsible for developing and executing human resource/company policies and programs for the division/facility, including but not limited to; organizational planning, organizational development, recruitment, employee engagement, employee relations, compensation, benefits, safety, health, environment, employee services and training. This position requires excellent communication skills (written and verbal), including excellent negotiation and conflict resolution competence, and the ability to organize, prioritize, and multitask.
Responsible for all areas of Human Resources including:
§ Employee Development, Performance, Recognition and Retention
§ Employee Recruitment and On-boarding
§ Employee Succession Planning
§ Compliance and Risk Management
§ Compensation planning
§ Benefits Plan development and administration
§ Employee Relations support – including internal dispute resolution, disciplinary actions, counselling, exit interviews and analysis
§ Employee communications
§ Policy and Guideline Development and Interpretation
§ Creation and presenting employment agreements
§ Labor Market Analysis and Wage/Benefits Surveys
§ Data Collection and Reporting of Human Resources KPIs
§ Responsible for providing Human Resources services to all levels of employees.
Set divisional Human Resources direction and provide support
Coach and train management and supervision in all areas of human resources, including effective employee performance management, alignment and engagement of employees, and overall talent management.
Directly manage divisional human resources staff; liaise with other divisional and corporate departments (Human Resources, IT, Legal and Finance).
Serve as a member of the senior management team, actively participating in strategic and operational discussions.
Health & Safety
Leads the development of health, safety and environmental strategies and objectives to meet future needs and growth opportunities of Division. Develops and maintains health, safety programs, procedures and policies based on new and existing regulation as well as sound safety methodology. Participates in ongoing development, communication, and implementation of new programs and policies.
· Hands-On, Roll-Up-Your-Sleeves personality
· Bias for action – reacts promptly to issues with appropriate actions/responses
· Ability to thrive in a resource conscious organization
· Manages wide variety of tasks – very adaptable and organizes/prioritizes well
· Strategic thinker and effective problem solver
· Perceptive, responsible and accountable
· Team player
Several years of human resources experience with progressively more senior roles, within an expanding manufacturing organization.
Academic qualification with HR Designation – a Bachelor degree (or equivalent) is preferred.
Experienced in Health & Safety program implementation and management.
Experience preferences include a background in management positions held in a lean, fast paced environment with changing priorities.
Experience and knowledge implementing effective employee development, coaching and succession planning programs at all levels across the division.
Effective communicator (verbal and written) with all levels within a division.
High level of knowledge/experience in:
o resource planning
o health, safety and environment requirements
o employee communications
7. Very good understanding of employment related legal documents – ability to read/write employment contracts using a standard template, create immigration letters, etc.
8. Very good understanding of local, State and Federal employment law
9. Ability to plan and implement employment related changes (benefit changes, wage, bonus, policy, etc.)
10. Experience with Kaizen and continuous improvement including 5S activities an asset
12. Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint