Assembler, Electronics/ Electro-Mech. 1 Wanted at Teledyne
Teledyne Advanced Electronic Solutions provides innovative technologies and successful program solutions to the aerospace, defense, space, and high-tech industries. With an established pedigree of over 50 years, we leverage our experience and broad spectrum of capabilities to provide our customers with a new level of full-service design, manufacturing and test solutions. Our world class manufacturing facilities, along with our experienced team of technical experts will assure your program will be successfully finished on time and on budget. From circuit card assemblies to complex microelectronics, to box level assemblies, we are uniquely positioned to build the most complex and challenging manufacturing needs.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Under close supervision, performs a wide variety of electronic and electro-mechanical subassembly and assembly operations of a semi-skilled nature to build up and assemble simple units such as power supplies, modules, chassis drawers, cable harnesses, PC boards, electronic systems and subassemblies. Solders and de-solders through-hole and surface mount technology (SMT) components. Installs and/or removes discrete components such as transformers, resistors, transistors, capacitors, inductors, etc., on to printed circuit assemblies (PCA’s), panels using both traditional soldering iron and or hot air techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Follows production drawings, sample assemblies and verbal instructions with general supervision. Understands and applies established acceptable workmanship practices to all facets of electronic assembly.
• Interprets and works from electromechanical schematics, drawings, work instructions and bills of material to understand the required parts and steps needed to complete the assigned assembly.
• Reads worksheets and wiring diagrams, selects components, such as transistors, resistors, relays, capacitors, and integrated circuits.
• Mounts assembled components, such as transformers, resistors, transistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, and sockets, on chassis panel, requiring manual dexterity and the ability to work with simple hand tools, soldering equipment, volt
meters and other related test instrumentation. Knowledge of cleaning, lead preparation, component mounting, parts orientation.
• Connects component lead wires to printed circuit or routes and connects wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points.
• Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture, or other holding device.
• Crimps, stakes, screws, bolts, rivets, welds, solders, cements, press fits, or performs similar operations to join or secure parts in place.
• Uses hand and small power tools to place small components in boards, cables, connectors, etc. Inspect parts and performs basic tests.
• May perform other assembly tasks such as potting, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, stamping, etching, impregnating, and color coding parts and assemblies.
• Adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics.
• Performs hand soldering using a soldering iron.
• May perform work (soldering and general inspection) under microscope.
• Performs online go-not-go testing and inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
• Troubleshoots and replaces defects of finished products.
• Reworks and repairs defective units rejected by inspection or test personnel.
• Follows safety procedures in the use and handling of flammable and hazardous chemicals required to meet all cleanliness specifications.
• Must be able to follow specific procedures and detailed instructions completely.
• Ensures that quality checks are completed throughout the manufacturing process.
• Records information on production records, logs and other report forms.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Oral/Written Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Records data; Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
• Ethics – Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically.
• Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization’s goals and values.
• Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
• Professionalism – Approaches other in a tactful manner; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
• Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures including using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required and wearing company issued badge when on company property; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and material properly.
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment.
• Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
• Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
• Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Requires a high school diploma and some degree of vocational or technical training; 0-2 years of directly related experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to enter time and data into a computer system. An individual may require knowledge of database software; inventory software; manufacturing software; spreadsheet software and/or word processing software.
Other Essential Duties
• Follows all import/export requirements, consulting with facility import/export personnel as required.
Other Skills and Abilities
• Basic Knowledge of ISO and/or AS9100
• Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/6 Sigma/Kaizen
• Knowledge of specific software (design, analysis, ERP…)
• Active Government Security Clearance
• US Citizenship with ability to attain/maintain government security clearance.
If interested, please submit your resume to the following link: