To lead the Logistics’ team(Customer Service and Transportation) in achieving its key objectives of 1) Ensuring proper and timely communication to our customers to address any concerns they may have in addition to maintaining a strong rapport. 2) Supporting and completing critical projects related to logistics savings and ensuring that the data analysis is executed with a primary focus in maximizing operating profit.
In addition, directs Third party logistics providers and works with Global Business Solutions(GBS) team as well as Business Unit and Corporate teams to develop solutions that promote best practices, optimization opportunities, and evaluates new alternatives to improve business performance and develop system solutions. This position manages logistics spend and works with regional teams to identify and drive transportation and warehouse optimization and cost reduction opportunities and solutions.
- Supervise employees within the Logistics(Customer Service & Transportation) Supply Chain Department in order to assure proper priorities and compliance to corporate plans and company objectives are established and maintained.
- Provide data and information that is key for the development and maintenance of the Logistics Business Plan/Budget for all sites, including the review of route efficiencies in regards to current mode of transportation and spending.
- Compiles weekly and monthly performance data in presentation format to insure compliance and alignment with customer requirements(on-time delivery, 8-D submission, etc.) and contractual obligations, as well as manage cost out opportunities for global freight forwarders. Develops reports and countermeasures with SCM Management and provides to Management as required.
- Lead, coach, and develop Customer Service Reps and Transportation Coordinators to ensure top level attainment of Customer satisfaction and most optimized transportation cost. Acts as a first-line supervisor over others. Is responsible for recommending hiring, terminating, and appraising personnel performance.
- Create and maintain logistics database through the Customer Service and Transportation teams for historical record keeping and retention of best practice processes(WI).
- Collaborating with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as sales, order management, Finance, GBS, or shipping.
- Supervise and approve negotiation activity for supplier(Carrier/Transportation) RFQ and route implementation for existing business as well as for costing and quoting for future business.
- Participate and Execute plans in activities such as MTCR, New Product Launch, and Production Meetings to achieve company objectives.
- Meet with Logistics Providers/Coordinate Logistics plans in order to support supplier and customer delivery success as well as manage the process flows for handling of supplier or customer charge backs and/or resulting nonconformance penalties.
- Maintain courteous, prompt and efficient customer relationship with all internal and external customers.
- Insures proper documentation, including transit documents and customs clearances, exists for shipments. Ensure documentation is accurately processed, distributed and released to carrier, forwarders, customers and agents in a timely manner.
- Supervise all necessary data entry and confirmation of key milestones (departure, arrival, customs clearance, PODs, etc.) to support Manufacturing Operations and Production Control.
- Monitor, plan and schedule appropriate modes of transportation based on Operation needs. Schedules the appropriate service line for the situation (across all modes and all trade lanes) to maintain a cost effective balance between internal customer service and cost of shipment.
- Develops standardized process for Transportation and Logistics and assigns to group KPIs, Report requirements, system’s needs, and compliance requirements. Liaisons with other support groups to ensure processes are established. Provides training and handoff to team to ensure they are properly servicing internal customers based on established requirements.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
The above typical duties are characteristic of this job and demonstrate a level of difficulty and are not intended to list or limit the duties that may be required or assigned to an employee in this classification.
This work is performed in a manufacturing office environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The incumbent must:
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline and one-two years experience in related field.
- Some college with three-four years of experience in field
- Intermediate to advanced experience (beyond basic data entry) working with computer applications such as Word for word processing, Excel for spreadsheet data manipulation, PowerPoint or other presentation applications and / or software
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Proven ability to negotiate and establish cost reduction projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to gain consensus amongst cross-functional groups and remote locations.
- Ability to be extremely organized, results driven, while balancing numerous projects and tasks and prioritizing daily work to keep the most critical items at the top of the list.
- Ability to finding a centralized solution for cross-functional projects.
- Ability to maintain focus on developing systematic process and tool based solutions that eliminate manual reactive effort while working in a reactive environment.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to perform essential duties.
- Ability to develop instructions and guidelines to perform functions of the job when necessary.
- Ability to manage Third Party Logistics providers.
- Skills to effectively present information to management, plant personnel and external suppliers and customers.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems.