Job Title: Skilled Trades Trainee
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To train in all aspects of the Skilled Trades to ensure manufacturing meets all customers’ schedules.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To inspect, troubleshoot, and repair equipment/tooling, maintain adequate spare parts inventory, and maintain planned Maintenance activities in assigned areas.
- Assist floor management in continuous improvement activities.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Job includes the handling of molds/dies using a crane and/or tow motor, disassembling, troubleshooting, cleaning, and reassembling of molds/dies including basic mechanical and electrical functions of all molds/dies.
- Maintain records of all work performed in CMMS system.
- Responsible for the safe operation of all equipment and tooling related to mold/die repair as well as other duties as assigned.
- Ability to do physical activity as required, including but not limited to, climbing, lifting, and working off of Genie Booms.
Note: 1980 hours of formal education is required in addition to 6020 hours of OJT (on the job training) for all skilled trades trainees to advance to the Skilled Trades Technician level.
The above typical duties are characteristic of this job and demonstrate a level of difficulty, and are not intended to list or limit the duties, which may be required or assigned to an employee in this classification.
High School diploma or GED with a minimum of 1 year of experience in industry. Requires good mechanical knowledge with some training and experience in a mechanical/maintenance field with the ability to read blueprints and use precision measuring devices. Must demonstrate thoroughness and orderliness in performing work assignments. Requires ability to utilize tools, follow directions, maintain tempo, recognize quality, problem solve, exhibit teamwork, use interpersonal skills, work safely, and work overtime as required. May be required to qualify for fork truck certification and operate lift devices as necessary.