The Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Shelbyville is now accepting applications for the full‐time position of INSTRUCTOR – INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE AUTOMATION. The position will be located at the TCAT Shelbyville, Adult Education Center Lewisburg campus, 218 West Commerce Street. The selected applicant must be available to teach, to meet with students, and to meet with local industry Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
The Industrial Maintenance Instructor shall be a high school graduate or the equivalent as determined by the High School Equivalency (HSE) Test. Must have had three (3) years of approved employment experience in the occupation to be taught beyond the normal learning period (generally four (4) years).
An Industrial Maintenance Diploma from an accredited technical institution and teaching experience is preferred. Familiarity with aspects of teaching online and knowledge of Microsoft computer applications is a plus.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of the industry and occupation
• Ability to use tools, and equipment used in the occupation
• Knowledge of the principles and methods of good teaching and supervision as evidenced by a rating of education and experience
• Physical ability to lift, stoop, stand and walk to demonstrate and perform all occupational duties required
• Knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office, QuickBooks and other appropriate office software and applications
• Ability to deal tactfully with the public and co‐workers
• Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions
• Ability to express ideas clearly, concisely, and convincingly, and to plan and direct the work of others
• Demonstrate a commitment to student success
• Provide safe and stable learning environment
• Maintain a learning environment conducive to all Council of Occupational Education (COE) accreditation requirements
• Actively promote the program to high schools and community
• Teach industry skills and competencies outlined in TBR course catalog
• Prepare curriculum as defined in the Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) and (COE) approved list
• Develop lesson plans for each course
• Deliver instruction according to prepared lesson plans
• Establish grading criteria aligned with school policy
• Utilize Banner according to school policy
• Meet and counsel students on academic issues
• Perform student surveys each trimester
• Provide assessments and report grades as required by the institution
• Meet and collaborate with industry leaders on technology advances related to program and occupation
• Record and submit attendance (tardiness and absences) daily
• Communicate with administration and student services any pending student discipline issues
• Adhere to the school calendar and daily class schedule
• Teach interpersonal skills, post‐secondary workforce skills, soft‐skills within the standard industry framework
• Ensure program implementation and alignment with all TCAT Shelbyville, TBR, and COE policy requirements
• Submit Purchase Orders for equipment and supplies needed to the program
• Other duties as defined by administration
• Maintain knowledge of industry trends and technology advances in the industry
• Coordinate all disciplinary issues with administration and student services coordinator
• Coordinate student career guidance options with Career Services Coordinator
• Coordinate with Technology Foundations Instructor
• Promote program specific Career Technical Student Organization (CTSO) to all students (SkillsUSA, HOSA, etc.)
• Promote dual enrollment opportunities to secondary level students
• Provide work experience and cooperative education opportunities for all students
• Establish a high quality, active Occupational Advisory Committee (OAC) per COE guidance
• Perform no less than 2 OAC meetings per academic year
• Attend all required staff meetings
• Participate in regularly scheduled staff climate surveys
• Check and respond to emails twice daily
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed beginning March 1, 2021 and until an eligible applicant is hired.
SALARY: Commensurate with TBR/Tennessee College of Applied Technology salary guidelines.
Tennessee College of Applied Technology- Shelbyville is a TBR institution; is an AA/EEO/ADA Employer; and, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its program and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Michael Klouser, Vice President, 1405 Madison Street, Shelbyville, TN 37160, Michael.Klouser@tcatshelbyville.edu.
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Shelbyville is a Tennessee Board of Regents institution